Friday, October 22, 2010

Products I use for a fabulous foundation look!

Hey guys!

So, I've been recently looking around at other blogs alot of people are talking about how they wear there own personal foundation/concealer/powder routine...so I thought let me share mine!

Basically, everyone wants to start with a clean face. In my opinion you should really have a great skin regimen because the foundation will look beautiful if the skin under it is. Make sense?

What I use for cleansing my face is the MAC Lightful Creame Cleanser, now I recently bought this and I'm still trying it out but I love it so far! My skin is very sensitive and dry/not alot of breakout so I love a good creame cleanser...then I will tone my face with MAC Lightful Active Softening Lotion which is a toner for the skin. After I tone I will put on my MAC Skin Brightening Serum which I am in love with right now! All of these MAC Lightful Products will give your skin a more even toned comlexion as well as help with fine lines, hyper pigmentation, and the actual texture of your skin.

I know it sounds ALOT, and thats just the skincare part, but seriously guys it's that important! If you were to just put foundation on skin that you cleanse with a bar of soap you would immediately see a HUGE difference!

Okay, so now on to the actual foundation part. After all of the skin cleansing, toning, etc...I put on my primer. I sometimes put on MAC Strobe Liquid to give my skin a beautiful glow due to the pearlized pigments in the moisturizer. Now I have actually a couple primers that I love; but MAC Prep+Prime Skin Base Visage being my #1. I like it because it's a very simple but get's straight to the point primer. I've tried other primers out there that will make me look greasy later on in the day, almost make the makeup look like it's in a landslide, or even if it makes me have an allergic reaction beacause I was blessed with such sensitive skin.

So after priming, I usually do the concealer first, I use a mixture of MAC NC15 Studio Finish Concealer and Bobbi Brown's Concealer in Sand/Beige I want to say? I do the mixture because I have really dark undereye circles and I want to diminish them completely! After concealing, I will then do the foundation. I go through MAC Prolongwear Foundation orMAC Studio Scuplt Foundation. When my skin is feeling a little more dry than usual or I want a little bit more coverage I will put on the Studio Sculpt; and with the Prolongwear this is my normal day to day foundation, which gives me medium coverage and a nice natural skin finish. After foundation I definitely set my foundation with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium. It gives me a beautiful glow.

Thats then when I move onto brows...and that's a WHOLE different creature right there, I will be doing an in-depth post on those. After brows, I usually do the bronzing and blush...and I will also be more in-depth with those on another post.
Thanks guys!

No comments: